Maines Paper & Food Service Dispatcher FT Days - Arlington, TN in Arlington, Tennessee
Due to new Customer Partnerships we are growing and expanding our business and as a result, we are looking for new talent to join our team!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Dispatcher is responsible for general clerical and phone assistance for the transportation department and regularly interacts with drivers and warehouse personnel to support the dispatch of drivers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phones in a timely and professional manner.
- Facilitate driver assignments.
- Regularly interact with drivers and customers.
- Call drivers for assignment changes.
- Track and communicate delays with personnel and communicate necessary delays to customers.
- Develop and maintain general knowledge of departments and personnel.
- Performs driver dispatch.
- Prepare driver paperwork.
- Processes accurate and timely paperwork.
- Good knowledge and control of cash box transactions during shift.
- Ability to determine proper supervisory personnel, including interdepartmental contacts to help with situations.
- Maintain good rapport with drivers and coworkers.
- Accurate COD processing.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be highly organization, be attentive to detail, and understand the importance of meeting strict deadlines. Must communicate, both in writing and verbally, with both internal and external parties. Must possess exceptional phone manner and display a customer service attitude at all times. Must be able to work independently. Must be consistent and available throughout shift. Strong data entry and computer skills including MS Office (excel, word, outlook) and dispatch software.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree with a minimum of one (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk and hear, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job satisfaction, then look to Maines!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled