EdR Human Resources Manager in Memphis, Tennessee
Tracking Code 1063-843 Job Description
Provide leadership, support and guidance to all levels of management in the areas of policy interpretation, employee relations, performance management, employee communications and recruiting.
- Directs, develops and mentors a staff of HR professionals.
- Build organizational capability through talent management and talent acquisition.
- Create and develop a human resources operating structure that maximizes business impact and drives employee engagement.
- Coach and provide informed counsel to managers and the leadership team.
- Partner in the implementation and execution of all personal, professional, managerial, leadership, technical, etc. training for the company.
- Become the change agent for best practices to continually improve human resources.
- Lead in the implementation and execution of all areas of HR processes, procedures and policies.
- Develop plans to adhere to all HR compliance items and issues pertaining to employee relations, records, etc.
- Own all aspects of employee relations including conflict resolution, ethics complaint investigation, performance management, employee engagement, and communication.
- Ensure legal compliance with all Local, State and Federal employment laws and regulations.
- Develops and monitors metrics (turnover, headcount data) to measure Human Resources results that inform continuous quality improvement plans.
- Lead the effort to organize and coordinate employee events.
- Develop a recruitment plan and champion the effort to proactively meet on-going staffing needs.
- Lead in the effort of developing a comprehensive on-boarding plan and be responsible for execution of the plan.
- Travel as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Directly supervises five (5) employees in the Human Resources department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience – A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of HR management experience managing/supervising others or 10 years of progressive experience in human resources managing/supervising others with successful track record and contribution to business objectives.
- Ensures the optimization of processes through technology and subsequent conversion and implementation.
- Must be knowledgeable of HR Systems and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and implement best practices.
- Solid foundation in employment law.
- Focuses on operational excellence through innovation, efficiency, process excellence, and accountability.
- Must possess strong skills/experience in business partnering
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and delivery with proven, measurable results for managing change.
- Strong talent management, leadership development, and performance management experience.
- Demonstrated success in creating an environment of trust with clients where integrity is unquestioned; can effectively utilize negotiation and conflict resolution skills when needed
- Ability to analyze HR metrics for use in developing goals and driving key business strategies and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communications skills with all levels of the organization required
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures business compliance
- Proficiency in using Microsoft software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Physical and Environmental– The ability to see, hear, speak, comprehend, and communicate are required. The position may require the ability to negotiate stairs and to physically inspect the properties, construction projects, and portfolio.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
Job Location Memphis, Tennessee, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 1063-843
Job Location: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular