Raymond James New Accounts Associate in Memphis, Tennessee
Under general supervision, uses skills obtained through experience and training to establish and maintain new and existing client relationships and accounts. Facilitates problem resolution and document processing including review and analysis of supporting legal documents and agreements, and branch support. Follows established procedures to perform routine tasks that are basic to intermediate in complexity, and receives general guidance and direction to perform a variety of non-routine tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answers calls and questions from financial advisors (FA’s) and sales assistants (SA’s) related to account opening and maintenance.
• Establishes new client accounts by utilizing industry registration requirements.
• Via department workflows, enforces documentation requirements of clients and accounts to meet industry policies and regulations, including Anti Money Laundering and Know Your Client.
• Reviews standard issues, analyzes and interprets data and determines appropriate corrective action.
• Understands client needs, identifies root causes of problems and implements pragmatic solutions.
• Processes various basic department related reports and contacts FA’s and SA’s to resolve account issues.
• Supports and complies with established policies and procedures. May recommend suggestions to improve workflows, policies and procedures.
• May act in a mentor capacity to less experienced associates.
• Contributes to department projects, documentation, general analysis and testing as needed.
• Participates in a high learning culture where on-the-job training is prevalent.
• Reviews daily tasks for accuracy and completeness. Maintains detailed records/notes to ensure all client requests are logged and completed in a timely fashion.
• Assists other areas of the department with various functions when volume is high and/or staffing levels are low.
• May be required to assist with after-hour account validation events related to Mass Account Transfers.
• May participate in general User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for system and new process implementation.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Operations and New Account systems.
• Basic customer operations and the financial industry.
• Basic accounting concepts and principles.
• Basic investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry and as required New Accounts.
• Detail orientation and flexibility sufficient to handle high volume of phone calls requiring quick analytical and supportive responses.
• Interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills sufficient to interact with associates at all levels of the organization as well as financial advisors and branch personnel.
• Identifying and resolving operational issues.
• Numerical aptitude and critical thinking sufficient to solve operational problems.
• Analyzing operational processes and identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports and electronic communication.
• Organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• Multitask to handle phones and processing.
• Use independent judgment on a variety of issues.
• Work constructively under stress and pressure when faced with high volume and deadlines.
• Provide courteous, timely service when addressing client issues and transactions.
• Use good judgment in responding to a variety of client issues.
• Competently analyze and prioritize information to make appropriate recommendations
• Demonstrate efficiency and flexibility in performing detailed transactional tasks in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
• Participate in on the job training and other learning activities to develop knowledge and understanding of FINRA, state and other regulatory agency rules and regulations regarding client accounts.
• Take an active part in the training and development of new associates.
• Review, understand and interpret legal documentation
• Adhere to a schedule.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• High School Degree or equivalent with at least two (2) years of customer service experience. Experience in a contact center environment and college degree preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training approved by Human Resources.
• None Required.
Organization: *Operations & Administration
Title: New Accounts Associate
Requisition ID: 1801312