Kelly Services Quality Engineer in Memphis, Tennessee
QUALITY ENGINEER – Memphis, TN
We currently have a great and rewarding opportunity for a Quality Engineer for one of our great clients at their Memphis, TN facility. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for quality and engineering support of designated work groups within department. Focus of position centers around leading change and making process improvements in the areas of safety, quality, productivity and cost.
• Monitoring Product Quality, define what methods and equipment will be used to measure key quality characteristics of a process.
• Review and approve ECN/ECR.
• Monitor Customer complaints and communicate effectively to design, manufacturing, quality, and suppliers’ quality improvements.
• Train Quality technicians on operating machines, test equipment, procedures and collecting data.
• Train operators on key quality characteristics of a process.
• Continuous Improvement Activities to improve the quality of the process, using data collected from the process; call center data, and applying problem-solving techniques.
• Participate in DFMEA teams and trained as a facilitator.
• Review and approval of print specifications with the ability to recommend best practices for recognized national or international standards.
• In-depth knowledge of GD&T and its application.
• Implement, maintain, and enforce Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions in work group.
• Implement and maintain, inspection gauges, test procedures for the work group.
• Completion of specified PPAP levels for component parts and final products.
• Function as a true change agent to bring about cultural and physical change using a data driven approach.
• Establish and implement effective operational methods to improve cost effectiveness and productivity.
• Practice and implement among team members effective problem solving techniques.
• Lead development and execution of practical quality control plans for measurement and test, control of materials, process, and product.
• Ability to quantify, prioritize and resolve design, manufacturing, supplier and customer issues.
• Participates as a leader/team member of Lean manufacturing, 5’s, Six Sigma and Kaizen initiatives and projects on multi-disciplinary teams for corrective and preventive actions.
• Evaluate process control plans, PFMEA’s and establish statistical process control methods to monitor critical to quality processes and characteristics.
• Perform Quality System audits – Internal and external audits based on ISO9000 with a goal for TS16949 compliance
• Complete working knowledge of APQP and Layered Process Auditing.
• Works with supplier to address and resolve quality issues that impact manufacturing and/or require return of product or perform in-house rework
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Proven background knowledge and abilities in 5S, Kanban, Lean Manufacturing, Waste Elimination and continuous improvement.
• Solid working knowledge of Bills of Material, Routings and Effectively changes.
• Solid computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications and CAD.
• Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
• ISO and/or TS16949 Lead Auditor Training
• Design and Process FMEA
• Gage R&R
• Data Analysis (Excel, Minitab, Databases, etc.)
• Willingness to travel up to 75% for the first 8 months
• Results Driven
• Quality Systems / Process Management
• Problem Solving (8D methodology)
• Analytical skills
• Planning / Organizing
• Product Management Flow
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Business related field or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
• Experience in leading team activities in a high volume fast paced manufacturing environment that includes: assembly, fabrication and finishing department.
• 5 years of experience in working with quality/manufacturing and supplier quality process improvements.
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.