Hilton Senior Developer, Android Honors in Memphis, Tennessee
From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature, and lighting controls, Hilton’s Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners, and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
As a Senior Developer, we are looking to you to be responsible for the design, development, documentation, and troubleshooting of our Hilton Honors Android application in addition to other new technology projects involving Android.
What will I be doing?
- Implement new requirements within our agile delivery methodology while following our established architectural principles
- Write clean, concise code that is stable, extensible, and unit-tested appropriately
- Communicate frequently and effectively with other engineers on the team as well as our product managers, scrum masters, and creative team
- Build working proofs of concept including detailed documentation
- Debug and resolve production issues as needed
- Lead and mentor more junior engineers in order to continually increase the productivity of the Android teams
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent field
- Five (5) years of work experience as a Developer
- Two (2) years of experience with full lifecycle software development, including all of the following design, coding, testing, release, and maintenance
- Two (2) years of work experience with Android application development, including working knowledge of Android Studio, Gradle, and Git
- Deep understanding of Java and Android SDK
- Familiarity with agile software tools such as JIRA
- Experience and/or knowledge of REST, JSON/GSON, SQLite, Dagger, RxJava, Retrofit, Realm
- Experience and/or knowledge with various architectural design patterns (MVVM, MVP, MVC)
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent field
- Six (6) years of experience with full lifecycle software development in an agile environment
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Kotlin
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Information Technology/Systems
Title: Senior Developer, Android Honors
Requisition ID: INF01079