Valero Supervisor Operations in MEMPHIS, Tennessee
- Drives on-shift safety, housekeeping, and VPP efforts. Ensures safety compliance by conducting daily permit audits, providing corrective feedback to the operators, and conducting weekly table top drills, safety meetings when appropriate, and regular safe work audits.
- Ensures that all EHSM notices are entered on shift before going home.
- Ensures environmental compliance and reporting in assigned area.
- Ensures PSM compliance by supporting Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs), Pre-startup Safety Review (PSSRs), and Management of Change (MOCs) for all changes.
- Verifies that operators are utilizing procedures when preparing equipment or executing changes to the process when required (startup, shutdown, emergency, etc).
- Reviews and approves all high energy permits.
- Ensures that safe work practices and procedures are utilized by conducting routine audits.
- Verifies that all operators are performing proper turnover, completing shift logs, and performing required rounds to maintain reliable operations.
- Reviews results from operator rounds and ensures that any discrepancies are appropriately addressed (i.e. notifications written, engineering notified, etc.).
- Reviews permit audit results and provides corrective feedback to operators.
- Verifies that equipment is prepped and ready for maintenance per the area night orders and the Maintenance Schedule. Communicates status to Operations Maintenance Gatekeepers (OMGs) and Maintenance Superintendents through the shift log.
- Communicates plan, targets, limits or other issues to all operators in assigned area and ensures that other appropriate groups are aware of any potential impacts or issues.
- Identifies and troubleshoots unit limitations, and communicates issues to the Operations Superintendent, Shift Superintendent and Complex Managers.
- Acquires advanced understanding of all posts within the Complex.
- Provides field presence and leadership during troubleshooting or abnormal activities.
- Supports company/management positions or directives.
- Approves all operator time and ensures it is accounted for correctly and submitted on time in Kronos.
- Develops Operators on shift, and ensures training, qualification and knowledge retention of direct reports by coaching, mentoring and providing assistance to trainees and Operators.
- Ensures all operator staff is being properly trained (includes CBTs) and that all post training is being completed and documented.
- Provides and documents positive and negative coaching as required, and administers discipline if/when needed.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5 years of refinery operations experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 8 years of overall experience in a refinery preferred.
- Prior experience with Fluid Catalytic Cracker, Gascon, and/or Hydroprocessing units operation preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
About the Memphis Refinery
The Valero Memphis Refinery originally was constructed in 1941 with numerous expansions to its present rated capacity of 195,000 barrels per day (BPD) of light, low-sulfur crude oil. Since the refinery's acquisition in 2005, Valero has invested more than $245 million upgrading it to a modern and highly efficient facility. Crude oil is supplied to the refinery through the Capline and Diamond K pipelines and can also be transported, along with other feedstocks, by barge. Products primarily are distributed via truck-loading racks at three product terminals, barges, and a pipeline directly to the Memphis airport.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis
Job Posting: Mar 13, 2018, 2:29:36 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 180013N