Ingersoll Rand Team Lead Inventory 1st Shift in MEMPHIS, Tennessee
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- Support the mission of the Operations team to, “become a World Class Distribution Center, by safely developing a servant leadership culture and committing to the operational excellence transformation.”
- Responsible and accountable for team’s safety, quality, productivity, housekeeping, scrap and customer delivery goals and metrics. Lead the team to participate in decision making, problem solving, and continuous improvement process. Work with minimum supervision and predict, identify, and resolve problems.
- Able to perform all jobs within work area and train, assess, and coach team members. Responsible for team’s rotation schedule to reduce ergonomics risks and adjust to manpower requirements. Transfer and assign work within work area and relieve and replace team members as required.
- Collaborates with Customer Service and stakeholders to identify and resolve customer complaints.
- Effectively communicate to team, outside of the team and across shifts. Positively motivate team members and lead by example supporting Company values, policies and procedures.
- Act with urgency to resolve operations issues, or raise problems to appropriate level to ensure timely resolution.
- Demonstrate an absolute commitment to safety and model safe behavior. Sustain exemplary performance in attitude, attendance, and ability.
- Utilize lean tools including Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI), Standard Work, 9 Step Problem Solving and participate/support Rapid Improvement Events (RIE)
- Attend daily Gemba walks and present at team MDI board.
- Utilize Standard Work to ensure appropriate training and staffing levels.
- Work in conjunction with Operations to enforce Company policies and procedures, recommending and administering discipline to team members when required.
- Perform any additional duties and complete ongoing training as required.
- Must have HS Diploma or GED
- Must have mobile equipment certification(s), including Reach Truck, Order Selector/Cherry Picker, and/or Turret Truck, or the ability to successfully pass a forklift operator certification course within 30 days
- Working knowledge of computers, Oracle, WMS and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer) strongly preferred
- Prior Team Leader or supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills
- Must display initiative and creativity in problem solving and the ability to pursue continuous improvement in safety, quality, productivity, housekeeping, scrap, and customer delivery
- Must be team-focused and cooperative across multiple teams and shifts
- Able to work overtime and weekends as needed
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MEMPHIS-Tennessee
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Evening Job
Type: Entry Job/Early Talent
Posting: Oct 18, 2017, 8:48:10 AM