Express Scripts Telephonic Nurse Clinician RN - Accredo in Memphis, Tennessee
This position works onsite in our Memphis office. This isnota Work At Home position. The primary purpose of this position is to provide telephonic education to patients and caregiver following the Clinical Protocols and working within the nursing scope of practice and guidelines.
- Perform Clinical Assessment and provide disease and drug specific education to the patient and caregiver.
- The Clinician is responsible for documenting the assessment and any clinical intervention according to the Clinical program and nursing scope of practice and guidelines.
- Collect clinical data as determined by the Clinical Programs and nursing scope of practice and guidelines.
- Report Adverse Drug Events that have been experienced by the patient in accordance with the FDA and Pharmaceutical requirements.
- When clinically necessary , contact the patient’s treating physician to inform him/her of any previously unreported new disease state specific symptom(s), medication adherence issues and any other health related matters that were identified on the Clinical Assessment.
- Conduct peer-to-peer quality documentation audits and provide feedback to management.
- Assist the Clinical Department with new hire training and mentoring to ensure adherence to processes and procedures.
- Assist the clinical leadership team with developing training documents and Care management coordination as required.
- Responsible for good housekeeping techniques, adhering to quality and production standards while complying with all applicable company, state and federal safety and environmental programs andprocedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree; Registered Nursing program (RN) certification required
- 2 - 5 years of hands-on nursing experience and direct patient care service required; Specialty Pharmacy experience preferred.
- Ability to work onsite in the Memphis office.
- Ability to work 11:00am-8:00pm, Monday-Friday.
- Active, unrestricted Nursing license in the state of Tennessee, Mississippi or Arkansas.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of Neurology /Multiple sclerosis, Rheumatology, Dermatology, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease, Asthma, Oncology, or Pediatrics. Good phone etiquette and previous telephonic clinician work experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to solve complex problems and improve quality and service. Good interpersonal, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, detail orientation and the ability to adapt in a dynamic fast paced work environment.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.